Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Possible asthma?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Possible asthma?

Hi!  I have very bad allergies and have an inhaler for that, but now i have noticed that when i go to bed/lay down i start to wheeze and get a tight chest and have to have my inhaler atleast once a night.  Lastly i have always had a phlegmy cough after laughing and i google'd this and didnt actually get an asnwer as to what it could be.  Whenever i get a cold or bug it will always go to my chest (had a couple of chest infections and the flu) Is this all leading to asthma or something else?  And is it worth going to the doctor?

Many thanks!
Tags: Possible asthma, Allergies, tight chest, wheezing, nightime
242587_tn?1355427710
First off, yes, you should seek medical advice from your doctor.  The important is to find out what is the underlying disease and begin appropriate treatment.  Yes, you could have asthma and that is a very treatable disease but, then again, you might have some other type of lung disease:  allergic (as you mention) congenital (inherited such as Cystic Fibrosis), or acquired, this latter perhaps secondary to environmental exposures either in your home or your workplace.

You probably have a treatable condition that, if treated, will enable you to live your life without all the symptoms you describe.

Sorting out these possibilities will require further testing.  Given your history of “bad allergies”, a good starting point would be to seek consultation with an Allergist.

Good luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker