Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Post Nasal Drip, Pressure and Vertigo. What is going on?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

I started off w/ a dry cough about eight weeks ago. I have tried several antibiotics to no avail. The mucous is clear and I have had no fever. Two doctors have diagnosed me w/ post nasal drip due to a virus.

I experienced one migraine and a lot of vertigo, Antivert does not help and I can not take a decongestant due to a problem w/ tachycardia.

I can't imagine that eight weeks of coughing and dizziness can be normal. I have had a chest xray and a cat scan and neither showed anything abnormal. I have also had several blood tests, once again, nothing abnormal.

My routine echocardiogram was normal and the doctors have ruled out asthma.

What is going on? Can I be expected to be dizzy for however long this so called virus wants to hang around? I drink a lot of water and eat right. What else can I do to shake this bug?
It is possible that this is being caused by an inflammation or infection in one or more of your sinuses.  The sinuses can cause coughing and the dizziness from pressure.  A CT scan of the sinus is a good way to see if this is the cause of the problem.  Chronic cough, particularly in the winter,  is a common and frustrating problem.  Nonallergic inflammation of the nose and sinus area is the most common cause.
The dizziness is getting worse and I have left a message w/ my primary care physician's office but they haven't called me back yet.

It feels like I have been on a boat all day and it is starting to give me nausea.

Is this viral? It seems like when the coughing stops, the dizziness acts up and when the dizziness goes away the coughing starts back up.

The coughing is easing up and the dizziness is getting worse. My Cardiologist gave me a prescription for a Z-pack (just in case) but I do not feel comfortable taking an antibiotic unless it is necessary.

I have no fever and no yellow or green mucous. W/ that said, could a bronchial infection lead to a type of viral sinusitus?
This sounds very similar to what I have atm.  The only difference is when I get the dizzyness I also get a bout of the chills, but my body temp is normal between 97=99 degrees.  With the chills comes cold hands and feet, and some tingling.

I was told I had asthmatic bronchitis, but it has been 2 months and it is still hanging around.

I'm well enough to go to work, but I don't feel great, and at the end of the day I am exhausted.

I also get tightness in the chest and some shortness of breath, but that has subsided quite a bit from a few weeks ago.

I used to feel that I was going to die for sure, but now I just feel it is something really bad and chronic.  It goes away for a day to come back.  I've had 3 or 4 days where I have felt almost normal.  I don't know what is going on with me, but I would say that we have something similar.
A related discussion, Mild vertigo and cough following bronchial cough was started.