Respiratory Disorders Community
Post Nasal Drip or Whooping Cough? Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I had a sinus infection about a month ago, but took antibiotics for it (though, I did not finish the prescription -- it gave me side effects).  After awhile, I started to develop a dry cough.  It wasn't bad at first, but as days passed, it started to be more frequent.  Though, it's still not as bad in the afternoons.  I clear my throat a lot.  Last night, at 5am, I woke up to a horrible cough attack.  It felt like I had the whooping cough (I believe I had this 3 years ago.  I had the cough for 3 months but it eventually went away on its own).

I can't really tell if it's post nasal drip, or if it really is the whooping cough.  The symptoms confuse me because it seems like it could be post nasal drip since it tends to get worse at night (when I lie in bed), but the type of cough and the severity reminds me of the whooping cough.  I could use a little insight.  Help!
Go have blood test because as you may know you need erythromycin to clear Whooping cough AND it is a notifiable disease- v.v contagious