Respiratory Disorders Community
Post Nasal drip and Cough at Night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Post Nasal drip and Cough at Night

I have had a post nasal drip and cough and weasing at night. I go to bed and anywhere from 1am to 4am I wake up coughing. Sometimes so bad that I throw up. I start weasing and then I end up awake anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. I seem to be doing ok during the day. I went to the doctor and this is what I do. A salt and baking soda wash in the am. I take allegra and singular. Then a nose spray as well.  And some cough medicine that helps stops the cough. The doctor said that my sinus are swolen. This had been going on for almost 4 weeks. The weasing is what scares me most. Over a year ago I had pulups in my nose and they were removed. Had no problems since them until this started to happen. Also when I drink milk or eat chocolate I will start coughing almost right away. Anybody have any anwers or suggestions I would love to hear them. I would really like a good night sleep again!!!  Thanks in advance.
Tags: night