Respiratory Disorders Community
Post viral myalgia, poor respiratory symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Does anyone know how to improve symptoms after having influenza/swine flu?  I have had post viral symptoms/myalgia for 3 months now and am due to go back to work next week (28.03.2011) if I can manage it.  My symptoms are a tight and heavy chest on exertion and a stabbing pain which previously seemed to be in both my lungs, but now tends to be a sharper pain in my left ? lung/chest/upper side and sometimes radiates under my left armpit and down my arm making my fingers feel a bit numb on occasions.  I have seen a respiratory phsyician who assures me that it is nothing sinister, also an A&E physician, and GP who say the same.  If I walk approx 100 mtrs at a normal walking pace, my chest gets tight, I get shortness of breath and cannot breath very well and almost pass out.  Then the chest pain comes and I feel like I am having a heart attack.  Once I have exerted myself or just exercised a little the tiredness comes (that everyone talks about) as the exercise knocks you out!  I am wheezy if I do even a little bit of exercise and sometimes wake up feelng like I have pneumonia and lying on my back makes me cough a bit!
All of my results have come back negative though I am awaiting an ECHO.  
What is the best way to get rid of this virus that seems to be attacking my immune system?  I was dancing around a couple of days before I got this and felf absolutely fine at New Year (2011) and i'm really missing my dancing.
I am so bored at home and need to get back into a regular routine.  Most of my friends are at work during the day so it is very boring and you feel forgotten after a while.
I just want my life back so if anyone has any ideas or advice on how to get rid of this, I would appreciate it.  
P.s.  I don't smoke and never have.

Sandra B