Psedomonas Infection of Skull from Chronic Sinusitis
I'm 33 have had chronic sinusitis since teens. I was referred to an ENT surgeon 4 years ago who has since done a septo and Fess. I've since had 5 further Fess procedures to remove polyps and diseased mucosa from the maxillary sinuses, spenoid sinuses and Ethmoid sinuses. During the treatment i picked up a fungal infection in my sinuese which required surgery to clear and 6 months on medication to clear. I also picked up pnemonia which led them to ask the question re my immune system. I've since seen an immunologist who's confirmed all OK. After my Last Fess i picked up a baterial infection which turned out to be psudomonas which i've now had for 15 months. Last November my ent specialtist referred my to another bloke who apparently only takes patients from ent surgeons. He did a double fess, removed diseased mucosa and removed infected bone from my skull. Took him 5 hrs. I've now gone back to find that my frontal sinuses are re infected which is reinfecting everything else. I'm now having a procudeure on frontal sinuses to open up the drainage and again remove diseased bone. They only rate this as being 60% chance or working. My question do i have any other options? I've been asking to get on IV antibiotics for 6 months, especially after the last surgery to kill this bug but they continue to treat it with ciprofloxacin (14 months now) and sofradex topically which is clearly not working. I've been told that after this procedure there is no more they can do but if this doesn't work we start to work with a microbilogist to come up with treatment options. Which sound like long term antibiotic treatment. Has anyone had any cases  like this that can offer alternatives. I'm now booked for my 8th procedure on the 21st Feb, can't wait!

Am keen to find some light at the end of the tunnel
To say that you have had alot of sinus problems is an understatement! I am sorry that you are going through such troubles with your care. I am glad that your immune system checked out okay...did the doctor's ever consider CF (cystic fibrosis) testing as well just to be on the complete side? Pseudomonas is a common bug with that disorder. Just something to consider....
Blasting you with IV's isn't a bad idea, also seeing an infectious disease doc would be good so that the right meds can be prescribed. It doesn't seem that the current antibiotics are even touching your deep seated infections.
I wish I could help you, I pray that this next procedure helps...Sunny
I to am very sorry to hear this. I was diagnosed with rhizopus species and acremonium species. I have no clue NS needcsee a ent specialist. I read there is 50 to 85 percent mortality rate. Very scared it's killing me as I type. I know have wheezing in the lungs and afraid it's spread. Can anyone tell me the protocol for this in an emergency room setting? Or will I die?