Respiratory Disorders Community
Pseudomonas aeruginosa

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Pseudomonas aeruginosa

My ENT doctor did a swab of my throat that came back positive for Pseudomonas aeruginosa. From what i have read this is a infection that only is a problem for people with a weak immune system. For the past 2 months i have had this swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck. I have an impacted wisdom tooth on the left side also with a cyst growing over it. I thought that was was the cause of this swollen lymph node but to be safe i went to the doctor. He put me on a medrol pack and augmentin but once the results came back 3 days later he took me off the augmentin and put me on levaquin to treat the Pseudomonas aeruginosa. I start the levaquin tomorrow (11/6/09) but the medrol and the augmentin had reduced the size of the original lymph node but it is still there. I noticed there is 2 new lymph nodes popping up on the under side of my chin on both the right and left side of my head. this has me worried that i may have lymphoma or something i go for a CT scan this week to check for more lymph nodes and to see the size of them. This Pseudomonas aeruginosa has really thrown me off there is not much about it i mean if i was health it would not affect me i have a mild sore throat and i noticed my right tonsil was a little swollen and there is some red bumps on the back of my throat the doctor did look at my throat and then looked down it with a camera and he said it was ok and did not see worried about the tonsil or the red bumps. I hope the levaquin will get ride of these problems.