Respiratory Disorders Community
Pulmonary Embolus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Pulmonary Embolus

I developed PE after having major surgery on my abdomen (hysterectomy). I was not diagnosed for for 2 weeks as it was thought I 'd had a heart attack. I have now been treated but 18 months on and have pains in my chest  somedays worst than others. Have also had radiotherapy for breast cancer in that area but pain is behind breastbone. GP says heart and lung are fine. Could it be related to PE though?
thanks for query.
PE can not be silent, means it is that when PE is present it will give rise to symptoms other then chest pain also. The reason for pain could be due to acid peptic disease, some muscular pain in that area. There is no reason for worry, this does not seems to PE or related even.

Wishing you good health.
Avatar n tn
Thank you