Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Putrid Odor in Nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Putrid Odor in Nose
I have this putrid odor in my nose.  It started in June 2008.  It is there all the time.  The first thought was chronic sinusitis by an ear, nose and throat specialist.  I was on antibiotics and it did not seem to help.  Now, I am going to see an allergist next.  I had a CT scan and nothing showed up.  The odor is there almost 24/7 in varying degrees.  Sometimes the odor is so bad it makes me sick to my stomach.  It does not smell like any of the things most of you have said; I am not sure how to explain it other than PUTRID.  Anyone have any ideas?
Your experience sounds dreadful.  What you describe suggests that you may have a condition called atrophic rhinitis, an inflammatory disease of the nose associated with the perception of a foul odor.  In some instances this is thought to be caused by a chronic nasal infection.  I suggest you ask the ENT specialist about the possibility of atrophic rhinitis.
A related discussion, I have had a horrible smell in my nose! Like Fecal Matter was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker