Question regarding maconium causing granddaughter to be born sleeping
My granddaughter was born sleeping at 29 weeks.  The cause according to drs was the baby go stressed at some point and passed a maconium(bowel movement?) which attacked the cells of her umbillical cord.  She measured as still growing at 28 weeks.  
On Jan 2 during a regular dr visit, the dr noticed the babys heart was not beating and induced labor.  A week prior my daughter was in an extremely small fender bender, where her car was hit while she was parked.  My daughter did not feel any pain or discomfort so did not go to the hospital.  
My question is if we did make her go to the hospital right after the accident would they have been able to tell what was happening?  From what Ive read there isnt a normal test for that, so I would assume all they could of done is given her an ultrasound?  Would an ultrasound have shown anything, esp that quickly.
While we know our little Madison was too beatufil for this earth so God choose to keep her for himself, now knowing the cause of her passing has made us feel we could of prevented this by going to the hospital.
Thank you

Understand your predicament and sympathize with you. But it is difficult to say what exactly caused the fetal distress. Meconium stained amniotic fluid indicates fetal distress. The fetal heart rate, a biophysical profile and sometimes a doppler ultrasound can help assess fetal distress. The earliest indication for the mother in fetal distress would be decreased fetal movements. Regards.