Quit smoking now constant tickle in throat
I quit smoking 4 months ago and ever since then I have had a tickle in my throat. It is like I am clearing my throat every 5 minutes. Sometimes it even drys up so bad that I sound Like I am going through puberty again :)
I read that it could be allergies but I doubt it. Any ideas
Ok... when a person smokes  one cig, it paralyzes the "cilia" in our airways for 8hrs everyone one we smoke. The cilia are little hairs that working in a sweeping fashion to get the gunk out of our lungs.  It is common for a person to stop smoking and begin coughing more or have more sputum production. This is beacuse these things like cilia  are working again.  It should subside after a while, every person is different.  Our body has to get used to those working areas again.  Try drinking more water to increase hydration, this should help.  Hang in there! Congrats by the way, I know this is not a easy fight!!