Rales in Left Lung?
Ok, I was to my doctor the other day and she was listening to my lungs (I had a bout of the the flu, lingering cough) and she said that she heard significant rales in my left lung. Now, what I'm wondering, when I breathe in, I can hear a rumbling noise and FEEL it, easily - but only when my stomach is empty. I've been assuming that that noise and feel is just stomach juices rumbling around on an empty stomach (can be felt on lower left side, just below rib cage, left side only). Could that noise/feeling be my stomach, and my doctor confused it with rales? I asked her, she said no it was rales.
So now, WHY do I have rales? I have no signs of pneumonia, I had a chest xray two weeks ago and it was clear, I have no fever, very little cough (a dry one sometimes in the evening, especially if I've been active or talking a lot). I have been getting a tight feeling in my chest which one doctor thought might be asthma, which I did have growing up.
So... do I probably have pneumonia? Could it be asthma? Or could it have been misconstrued stomach noises?
Sounds more like asthma to me. If you don't have a fever, I doubt you have pneumonia. Although I've heard there is a really mild type of pneumonia called "walking pneumonia". As the name implies, people don't realize that they have it. Maybe that is what you have? Anyway, I guess a followup with the doctor is an idea.