Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Reactive Airways / Acid Reflux
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reactive Airways / Acid Reflux

i've had asthma for years, usually fine. lately, i wheeze just going up stairs. i'm very healthy and not overweight, dr's sd. oxygen level is 100%, yet it's apparent my airways aren't fully open. i've been on all types of inhalers, advair, albuterol, combivent, nebulizer, allegra d, singulair.  you name it i have it.  Yet, I'm still wheezing.  Lately I have this "heartburn" and i was told maybe it's acid reflux. now my dr. wants me to have an upper gi, an esophogram and some type of arethochrine (sp?) challenge test done. it's a test where they cause you to wheeze.... I'm curious to see what you might have to say about this. i can't be around any type of fumes, odors. noone can have perfume on, i'll be somewhere, and if they have any type of perfume on, i can't breathe, i have to move, and i'm sick for the rest of day. i mean, i'm very hoarse and i'm wheezing. i have thought about going to the cleveland clinic if the above tests don't work.  Please let me know your opinion.  god bless. deb