Respiratory Disorders Community
Relapse of Pleurisy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Relapse of Pleurisy

I have pleurisy and have been on complete bedrest for a week.  I feeI better and plan on going back to work Monday.  Can you relapse with pleurisy?  I have had the most severe pain I have ever had since my back surgery and do not wish it on anyone.  My family reunion is next weekend in another state (7 hour drive), and we go up on Saturday and come back on Sunday.  It is possible I can have a relapse because I would do anyting to prevent that?
I had pleurisy about in January. Took me two months to get over it. I have had surgeries and three children and I put the pain with pleurisy right up there with those. I though have a lung disease COPD and might be why I had the pleurisy for few months. I thought I would never get over it. I never want it again. I have no answers on the relapse etc. But just wanted to sympathize on the pain of pleurisy. Hope u get to take your trip and take care.