Respiratory Disorders Community
Rib pain with bronchitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Rib pain with bronchitis

I've suffered with what I thought was a mean cold for 2 weeks now, so yesterday I finally sought medical help and was diagnosed with bronchitis.  I had severe pain in my ribs (upper left frontside) for the about 4 days, then yesterday I woke up with not only that pain on my left side but a new pain on my right side lower front of my rib cage.  I was x-rayed  they found no fractures.  I was prescribed z pak and prednisone for my lungs (I have a history of breathing problems, I smoked for 17 years but quit 20 years ago), I've been taking advair 500/50 twice a day as a lung maintenance program.  Today I am taking tylenol for my rib pain, and it seems to take care of the pain on the left side, but the pain on the right side is getting worse as the day goes on, and seems to be spreading now it's in the lower front, side and back and seems to be rising to mid rib cage. Any suggestions.

This discussion is related to Acute Post Virual Broncitis Infection (rib cage damage).