Rib pain
Does pulmonary fribrosis cause sharp pain in left side of chest in rib cage. Is it also
painful in left arm, shoulders, back and center of chest. I wonder if this is is coming from my
lungs or is this heart warnings of angina or heart condition. Sometimes it also feels like my ribs are too large
in my chest causing extreme pain and shortness of breath. My last CT scan says I have extensive damge to my lungs from PF but my stat is 96%. I am now using ProAir and other inhalers. They seem to help.
The rib pain especially on my left side is worse when I am sitting plus it runs down my left arm.
Again is my heart also having effects from P.F.

This discussion is related to Ideopathic Pulmanery Fibrosis/and Actimmune.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You should have yourself evaluated for the chest pain. It becomes all the more significant as it radiates down your left arm. Cardiac pain or chest pain can be felt as a tightness and worsens with activity or exercise. This could be more relevant if you are a smoker, are overweight, have a positive family history, are a diabetic and have hypertension. Sometimes the pleura, the lining of the chest cavity and lungs can get inflamed due to the fibrosis causing pain with coughing. But when in doubt always best to have it checked. So please consult your primary care physician who may ask for an EKG or a treadmill test to rule out a cardiac cause for the pain

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.