Ringing/ Hissing in my Ears ...
I am turning 55 years old and experiencing this annoying sound
Visited an ear doctor concerning my hissing sound that I hear in my ears.
She prescribed pure gingko biloba supplements and took it for 10 days and still no sign of improvement.
Doctor check my ears and nose and its all clear , so she had me made an  audiogram test ,
tympanometry test and speech audiometry test and turns out I'm ok within my age bracket range.
Would like to know what are your experiences concerning this hissing sound.
Thanks !
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The ringing sound you hear is called Tinnitus. It occurs with disorders affecting the external, the middle or the inner ear. In the outer ears cerumen impaction or external otitis,  in the middle ear fluid collection or  disease of the tympanic membrane and in the inner ear damage to the nerve endings can cause tinnitus. As a result of these disorders the external sounds are masked leading to awareness of normal body sounds.  An ENT examination, auditory brainstem response (ABR), a computerized test of the hearing nerves and brain pathways and CT/MRI brain may be needed to diagnose the cause for tinnitus. Treatment lies in treating the underlying cause. Sometimes it is difficult to diagnose the exact cause for tinnitus, when masking devices are used to mask the tinnitus.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.