Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
SINUS ODOR

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

SINUS ODOR

SINCE 1999, I'VE HAD THIS TERRIBLE ODOR COMING FROM MY SINUS....AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS BAD BREATH (IT IS ALSO), BUT THE SOURCE MUST BE FROM MY SINUS. I'VE HAD EVERY DENTAL PROCEDURE DONE TO CURE BAD BREATH, I'VE HAD THE NASAL SURGERY ALSO. I JUST RECENTLY HAD A CT ON MY HEAD AND IT SHOWED THAT I HAVE SINUSITIS IN MY RIGHT SINUS. LAST YEAR I TOOK MEDICATION FOR 1 MONTH TO CURE THIS PROBLEM AND IT STILL THERE. THE PROBLEM IS IT'S GETTING WORSE. IT'S ALREADY EFFECTED MY SELF ESTEEM, NOW IT'S EFFECTING MY JOB AND HOME LIFE. I TAUGHT I WAS A STRONG INDIVIDUAL, BUT THIS HAS BROKEN ME AND MY MADE ME VERY HUMBLE. I NEED SOME HELP...ANY ADVICE. MY PAST IS THAT I'M VERY ATHLETIC AND DRANK VERY LITTLE WATER IN THE PAST. I DRANK MORE BEER THAN WATER. ALSO WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I RAN IN TO A FENCE(THE BAR ON THE  TOP) STRIKING THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY NOSE. I DIDN'T GET MEDICAL ATTENTION BUT I HAD A VERY LARGE BUMP ON THE BRIDGE OF MY NOSE.THE SMELL IS SO BAD, WHEN I GO TO THE MOVIES EVERYONE IS COUGHING.....6 ROWS DOWN.....I'VE LOST ALL MY FRIENDS AND NO ONE WANTS TO BE AROUND ME.
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the mucous membranes that line the sinus cavities.  Inflammation of the sinuses could be due to an allergy, an infection, or ongoing exposure to an irritant, such as pollution or smoke.  Symptoms can include a headache or pressure in the area of the sinuses, a stuffy nose, achy teeth, an odor coming from the nose, postnasal drip, cough, sore throat, laryngitis, lightheadedness, constant low fever, and thick, yellow to green nasal drainage.  The best way to identify a sinus infection is with a sinus CT scan, like you
1 Comment
Hi SUGE,

I suspect that I am having the same problem as you. I have been having this bad odor from nose problem for a fews years now. It has really changed my life  a lot. I limit myself from going to any public places cos i know that the smell from my nose really offends people. I can tell that people are affected by the smell when i hear them coughing or see them covering their noses.

I have been seeing an ENT and he prescribed some nasal sprays and antibiotics for me but the problem is still there. I will be getting a CT scan soon to find out more about the problem. I have post nasal drip and there is always a constant flow of very thick clear mucous flowing from the back of my nose. When i sleep on my back, i will wake up the next day with a sorethroat. Also, when i was younger, i used to rub my nose a lot when it felt itchy. I think i also rubbed it quite hard and that could have affected my nose structure permanently.

Would you like to get in contact with me so that we can update each other on the current situation of our problems? I hope that eventually one of us will come out with a solution to this problem and can share it.

you can reach me at ***@****

danny

A related discussion, Sinus odors was started.
A related discussion, post nasal and bad breath was started.