Respiratory Disorders Community
SPITTING BLOOD
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SPITTING BLOOD

for around a week now i have been spitting blood in the mornings not alot of blood just a small amount, i dont cough it up, actually i dont cough at all. i have no lung pain or shortness of breath, i did smoke for 10 years but quit around 3-4months ago.  as well as spitting up a little blood i noticed every morning my nose is a little stuffy and i have hardend bloody snot and a little blood in there. when i spit the blood i belive im pulling it from my nose to spit. please give me an idea of what this could be
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I notice there is blood in my spit and I am a litle concern I dont know what it could be I have a little discomfort on my chest please any suggestion ?
Blank
1156585_tn?1262402927
I used to smoke and quit about 5 months ago. All of a sudden I had the worse mucous anyone could have. It was like gum in consistency and when I pulled it out of from nose to spit, I had blood too. You're probably just hurting the nasal passages. It if were anything serious, you would have bright red blood when you coughed. Not to mention, shortness of breath. Have your doctor do a chest xray anyway, it doesn't hurt and it relieved my worry. Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...