Respiratory Disorders Community
Sarcoidosis (Lofgren's syndrome) & Low DLCO
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sarcoidosis (Lofgren's syndrome) & Low DLCO

Hello, I am recently diagnosed with Lofgrens syndrome (acute sarcoidosis). I have the classic 3 symptoms, hilar lymphadenopathy, erythema nodosum, wide spread arthralgia. I'm responding well to Indocin and Colchicine, joint pain is mostly gone, and most of the erythema nodosum has dissapeared.

My question is regarding my recent PFT, where they showed that I have a decreased DLCO (68 of expected). I'm curious if the enlarged lymph nodes shown in my x-ray could be causing this, or is it likely that I have granulomas in my lungs that are causing the problem with the gas exchange. I have had some issues with dyspnea and fatigue that go back several years before the Sarcoidosis, is it possible that the low DLCO is unrelated to the Sarcoid and is an indication of a seperate problem?

I have read that lofgrens often dissapears within 3 months to 2 years. I really want to know if this means that if I get better, is it possible that my DLCO will improve?

I have follow up appointments with a the lung doctor, but it's not for 2 weeks and I was hoping I could get a pro answer to this question so I don't have to scour the internet looking for hope.