Respiratory Disorders Community
Sarcoidosis Weight Loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Sarcoidosis Weight Loss

Has anyone with sarcoidosis noticed a weight loss for no reason?  Also, when you were diagnosed what kind of specialist were you referred to--pulmonary or rheumatologist?

Hi Regalhank,

I was just wondering what kind of treatment you are on for the sarcoidosis ?
None at the moment.  He has no symptoms breathing-wise but I was just wondering if the weight-loss was related.  Waiting to see primary physician to get a referral to a rheumatologist.

You may want to check out the Marshall Protocol. Dr. Marshall created this protocol after he was diagnosed with sarcoidosis. This protocol has worked for him and many other patients'. GOOGLE:  Marshall Protocol + sarcoidosis. You will see many patients' on the protocol and be able to read their progress notes and their diagnosis is listed at the bottom of their notes. Usually patients' list all of their symptoms. I thought you may find the information very helpful.

Yes, thank you for this.  I've signed up at the website but, for some reason, my IP address or whatever, I have not been able to post a question there which is why I came to this site.  I have, however, printed a good amount of info on sarcoidosis from there.  The man has certainly had an interesting life.

Yes, he has. I can only tell you that the MP is helping me and I thank God for this new option that I wouldn't have had, only 3 years ago.

Best of luck to you with your treatment !
Weight loss is one of the symptoms of Sarcoidosis

Regards
J
Pulmonary Sarcoidosis Sufferer
I take Plaquenil, Colchicine, Albuterol Inhaler, Flovent HFA Inhaler, and on 2.0 liters of oxygen for 16 to 18 hours a day. Still flares up and I have swelling of feet and ankles, also a non- productive cough.
But to know me, this is only a drop in the bucket.  I was exposed to Ionizing Radiation and Asbestos in the Navy and fighting for help.