Saroidosis and Chest Pain?

I am a 32 year old female and have been having chest, arm, shoulder, and back pain on the left side for about 5 years.  In November of last year, I finally convinced my PCP to run a chest CT.  This showed multiple enlarged lymphnodes in the mediastinum and some very small lung nodules.  So, referred to pulmonologist and was sent for biopsy via EBUS.  Results came back as sarcoid.  Stage 1.  No treatment for now...follow up in June.

In the meantime, I have had a heart echo and treadmill stress test because of this ongoing chest pain.  Both results were normal.

My chest pain does not occur with activity...it's very random.  Sometimes it is sharp/stabbing, and other times it is a dull ache that lasts for hours!  

Neither the pulmonologist or the cardiologist think that my chest pain is caused from my heart and most likely not from the sarcoid.  So...do any of you with sarcoidosis also have very random chest pains?  If so, how do you treat them/deal with them.  They have become a part of my daily life for almost 5 years...but I am ready for them to go away!  I am always fearful that it is coming from my heart!

Kelly
Hello and hope you are doing well.

According to studies done, chest pain is a common symptom endured by sarcoidosis patients. About 30% of sarcoidosis patients suffer from chest pain. Chest pain can be due to cardiac involvement, it may also be due to other problems caused by sarcoidosis such as enlarged lymph nodes which can cause pressure, crowding and pain in the chest.

Other causes like cervical spondylosis can cause arm neck and back pain. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time. In the meantime, you can use OTC Acetaminophen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.