Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Scar tissue on lung

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Scar tissue on lung
In June, I had a bout of brochitis and had a chest x-ray which revealed a bit of scar tissue. Three months later, I had a follow up chest x-ray andf the doctor called me to tell me that nothing had changed. The scar tissue was still there. No bigger, no smaller. Now he wante me to have a cat scan. What is he looking for? What will that tell him that an x-ray can't? Thank you. By the way, I was a smoker but have not had a cigarette since June.
It
A related discussion, Scar Tissue on the lung was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker