Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Scared somthing is wrong w my lungs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Scared somthing is wrong w my lungs

Im a male 32 years old necame a heavy smoker in last few years. About a year ago was diagnosed w upper res infection. Was given antibiotics and he cleared up to a degree but it is never cleared up after this day I have to clear my lungs constantly when I get everything out seconds later it starts to build back I spoke with my doctor he said that it's because I'm smoker and if I quit smoking it will go away.  I have an appointment w pulmonary doctor next week I do have a little pain in my chest and I constantly have congestion in my nose aa well this is been going on for quite some time. I have strong lungs can hold breath for almost 2 min. Headaches often. I am on suboxone for a substance abuse problem a few years ago. Vicodin. I'm clean but I am very scared. Had a chest X-ray 1 1/2 ago clear and Pulmonary doc said I could do what ever for next 20 years but I would get Emphysema so quit smoke soon! I'm working on it! I'm am soooo scared u know when somthing feels off. I wanna live. I'm married and a father and working on number two. Please any help advice would be great. Thank you soooo much. Always weezing?  Clearing chest! I
About a pack a day but I'm quoting within the next month 100%.  God bless thanks so much
242587_tn?1355427710
The best answer is one you already know: stop smoking.  Even if the smoking is not the primary cause of what is going on, it certainly can make it worse.  Even after you stop, it will take a while for these symptoms to improve and may take some medications.  The upper airway problem can be allergic or non-allergic in nature, but it can be controlled.  For sure, the cigarette smoke can make it worse.  The same can be said of the wheezing.  Once you stop smoking work with your physician to get on medications to control the symptoms, if they persist.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker