Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Scattered nodes

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Scattered nodes
I had a ct scan of my lungs and it showed scattered nodes in the mediastinum without adenopathy, also scattered strands of fibrosis and linear atelectasis bilateral. What does this mean
Lymph nodes are normal anatomic structures in the mediastinum.  The key words here are “without adenopathy” and that means there is no enlargement of the nodes.  Generally there is concern when lymph nodes are enlarged; not otherwise.

The findings of “scattered strands of fibrosis and linear atelectasis” are ordinarily of no clinical significance but you will have to ask your pulmonary specialist what is meant by this and by  “scattered nodes in the mediastinum”.  

The interpretation suggests that there are no significant abnormalities of the mediastinum and that is good news.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker