Respiratory Disorders Community
Secondary ptb
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Secondary ptb

Good day.  my friend has a secondary ptb on both lungs. I sponsored her medication -  quadtab for 3 months. My question is ...Is this really contagious??. Although she has a separate utensils but I cannot just drive her away from my house for humanitarian reason and i really pity her. She has no more family who shows concern of her.  Should we take for an antibiotic to avoid contaminated? Please help me.

Thank you so much for your enlightening words. God bless you and more power on this very helpful way of reaching people with health problems.  God bless you. ... jo
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.
Tuberculosis, usually spreads by droplets, so unless she is in the active phase and has the bacilli in the sputum she will not be infective. With therapy she is unlikely to be infective. She will need to complete her full course and should ensure to take healthy diet.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank