Respiratory Disorders Community
Severe Coughing after eating or drinking
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe Coughing after eating or drinking

Thank you for the information now here's my story:
Five years ago, I had a bad chest cold, the doctor's office was over booked by two hours and I coughed till I was blue.
After that I developed slight asthema, I also went for dental work, which I overmedicated on baby asprin, Advil, etc., and wound up having an endoscopy done which resulted in a little reflux and small herina, after being on Previdcid went away.  In 12/09 I started to break out in those massive hives closing my throat and into the ER twice, I went to an allergist the day before the last ER visit and he told me to take OTC meds; which I said would not work, he didn't listen and now he will pay my ER visit.  Now I am coughing after eating or drinking.  It feels like a dry cough from down deep in my belly when I do cough.  I do feel some nasal congestion at times but sometimes do cough up little globs of green, then stop coughing.  I don't trust doctors because they don't listen to me; they want to 'blanket cover' everyone under the same symptom.  I was seeing a pulmonary, he was giving me shots of steriods, inhaler, Advir; but when I was breaking out in hives, went to see him and he then saw the 'relation' between my hives and coughing.  I am still coughing after eating & drinking and now am unemployed, looking for work.   The ER gave me an Epi pin and the GP gave me a box of steriods, incase I get those massive hives again... But all of this does not explain for fix what is wrong with me.  I don't know who to trust.  I also am hypothyroid and in reading... may  be the cause of some of my problems, but again,  when an Endocronologist tells you "I've never heard of a swollen tongue in my 19 years of teaching", you darn wonder what kinds of people are out there they call themselves doctors!

This discussion is related to Coughing every time I eat or drink.