Aa
A
A
Close
Severe coughing and vomiting - 3 weeks
For 3 1/2 weeks now I've had a pretty bad cough mixed with some cold-like symptoms. I've been to 3 different doctors, the first said it was a cold, the second said I had Bronchitis and post-nasal drip, the third said because I haven't gotten any better I most likely developed pneumonia. The coughing is not my problem, however. My problem is that for the past week and a half every time I eat, I cough and vomit up everything I eat. When I cough I gasp for breath and my stomach seems to have involuntary spasms and I gag and a lot of times I vomit. This doesn't seem normal, any help?

I'm on my second round of anti-biotics and I don't seem to be getter any better :(
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1277598 tn?1271097794
Your cough may well still be the problem and is not unusual after a bronchitic illness.  Many times the bronchitis you describe is viral and airway healing takes a very long time...as much as 6 to 8 weeks.  Inhaled steroid medicines used for asthma often improve these symptoms quicker.  Just to be sure..you should see a lung doctor. You should also address the issue of coughing when you eat with the doctor to assure you are not aspirating
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources