Respiratory Disorders Community
Shadow in the lung
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shadow in the lung

Hi ,

Can anybody yell me what my doctor means that I have a shadow in the back of my lung.....I am really worried and all I am thinking is .... am I going to be here for my kids when they need me or not. I know I shouldn't think like this but anybody has an answer PLEASE?

Thanks

This discussion is related to 'Something' on lung ct scan.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
You really have to ask your physician.

This could be anything from a mild infection, to a a malignancy to tuberculosis, to artifact due to poor x-ray technique.

Don't assume you have cancer and jump to conclusions.

Pneumonia will sometimes show as a shadow that will disappear when the infection is cleared. The word "shadow" is meaningless in and of itself.

Generally an MRI or CT is prescribed as a followup, together will full blood work-up.
Blank
Thank you for answer. I appreciate.

M.
Blank
I hope that yours turned out to be nothing serious. I went to the ER for the second time in a week last night. I went to a different hospital this time because the last hospital had no idea why i had severe pain in my abdomen or blood in my urine and they sent me home in pain. So four days later i went back again. Well this hospital preforms a ct scan looking for kidney stones. They found the kidney stones they were looking for. However they left me with this overwhelming fear after telling me that they seen a shadow on my lower left lung. I had 3 pictures taken so for the radiologist to say he didnt like what he seen, does that  mean it was on all 3 pictures and does that mean there is something there. I'm a 25 year old mother of 2. My biggest fear in leaving this earth all too soon. My children need me. I need to be with them. I am so scared and I have been told to follow up with my normal doc. So i call and of course i cant be worked in until this afternoon. And she said that the doctor will read my ct scan and see what he wants to order up. *Does normal doctors know how to read those too??* I don't smoke so how could i possibly have anything wrong with my lungs!! Im just so scared i dont know what to thnk or to do. My husband says not to worry because its nothing. I wish i could thnk more him... but all i can be is mee... and meee I worry about everything. Please please pray that this is nothing, that I am healty and will live to be an old lady with my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. After all nothing in life matters but family and love!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank