Shadow in the lung
Hi ,

Can anybody yell me what my doctor means that I have a shadow in the back of my lung.....I am really worried and all I am thinking is .... am I going to be here for my kids when they need me or not. I know I shouldn't think like this but anybody has an answer PLEASE?

This discussion is related to 'Something' on lung ct scan.
You really have to ask your physician.

This could be anything from a mild infection, to a a malignancy to tuberculosis, to artifact due to poor x-ray technique.

Don't assume you have cancer and jump to conclusions.

Pneumonia will sometimes show as a shadow that will disappear when the infection is cleared. The word "shadow" is meaningless in and of itself.

Generally an MRI or CT is prescribed as a followup, together will full blood work-up.
Thank you for answer. I appreciate.

M.
I hope that yours turned out to be nothing serious. I went to the ER for the second time in a week last night. I went to a different hospital this time because the last hospital had no idea why i had severe pain in my abdomen or blood in my urine and they sent me home in pain. So four days later i went back again. Well this hospital preforms a ct scan looking for kidney stones. They found the kidney stones they were looking for. However they left me with this overwhelming fear after telling me that they seen a shadow on my lower left lung. I had 3 pictures taken so for the radiologist to say he didnt like what he seen, does that  mean it was on all 3 pictures and does that mean there is something there. I'm a 25 year old mother of 2. My biggest fear in leaving this earth all too soon. My children need me. I need to be with them. I am so scared and I have been told to follow up with my normal doc. So i call and of course i cant be worked in until this afternoon. And she said that the doctor will read my ct scan and see what he wants to order up. *Does normal doctors know how to read those too??* I don't smoke so how could i possibly have anything wrong with my lungs!! Im just so scared i dont know what to thnk or to do. My husband says not to worry because its nothing. I wish i could thnk more him... but all i can be is mee... and meee I worry about everything. Please please pray that this is nothing, that I am healty and will live to be an old lady with my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. After all nothing in life matters but family and love!!!