Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Sharp chest pains days after sneezing

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Sharp chest pains days after sneezing

I sneezeed two days back, and stifled it, trying to hold it back. Almost immediately, I experienced an acute jolt of pain on the left side of my chest, which lasted awhile.

After that, any twisting or bending of the torso and head (especially backwards) would result in chest pains in the same area. Getting up and down the bed and body movements in general are uncomfortable.

This happened two days ago, and the pain has only eased slightly. Is this a muscle strain or something more serious? Should I visit a doctor? Or is this any cause to worry about at all?

This is most likely muscle or ligamentous (between the ribs) strain.  It could be a rib fracture.  The pain should resolve in a few days to a week.  Do not engage in any heavy exercise, especially lifting for a week or so.

Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker