Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Shortness of Breath

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Shortness of Breath

I have had shortness of breath for 2 weeks now.  One night, I was watching television and was laughing.  All of a sudden I felt as though I couldnt get any air into my lungs.  For the past two weeks I have had shortness of breath while breathing in and it feels as though I am not getting enough oxygen into my lungs.  It comes and goes periodically, but for the most part is with me 90% of the time.  A year ago I was nearly passed out and was lightheaded and dizzy for nearly 12 months.  It eventually went away, and after an extensive workup, the docs said it was probably viral.  They never came to a conclusive answer of what was wrong.
  I am wondering if the shortness of breath could be from anxiety that something like that could happen again or if something else may be causing it.  Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with these same sensations.  (I did have shortness of breath last year for a couple months when I was lightheaded and dizzy and all tests came back normal.  Docs chalked that up to anxiety but Ive never been an anxious person).  thanks for your time.
You have raised the question
1 Comment
A related discussion, GERD was started.