Respiratory Disorders Community
Shortness of breath, not heart or lung issue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I have been having constant feeling of shortness of breath for the last two weeks.  It is now at the point that I am constantly thinking about my breathing.  I have seen my doctor, who is also a cardilogist and I have had a echo cardo imaging and stress test, bith test show now issues with my heart or signs of pulminary hypertension.  My lungs have no fluid build up and breathing test shows that my lungs are functioning to capacity.  What else can be causing the constant feeling of being short of breath.  I have no history of asthma and am not weezing when breathing, just the feeliing that I am not getting enough air in my lungs and need to take a big breath every minute or so through my mouth.  What could be causing this problem?
join us under yawning
Hi, is there any thing, which is causing you stress or anxiety? As your lung and heart have been assessed and they are fine, the other cause could be psychological stress. Also, at times, low hemoglobin can cause shortness of breath but that is usually after exertion. Are you getting enough sleep lately?
My wife has been listen for our young children at night so I have been getting enoung sleep at night.  Actually had a sleep study done three weeks ago and no signs of problems, very slight sleep issues, but nothing the doctors are worried about nor enough to warrant a CPAP.  As for anxiety, nothing new that I have not been dealing with for the past several years.  I thought about anxiety but keep thinking that the initial out break is real and maybe the worsen could be mental but what is causing the initial feeling of shortness of breath?