Shortness of breath
I have been battling shortness of breath for three years.  I have been through numerous tests.  My shortness of breath is worse at rest sitting or standing.  I have been to numerous Drs..  I have been told I have Asthma to copd.  I have trouble tolerating steroids so the Drs make me feel like I will not feel normal for the rest of my life.  This tears me apart inside.  I was a very active person.  I was a previous smoker but quit as soon as I started having these symptoms.  I have listed my last PFT's below.  Can someone please give me an opion if this is Asthma.  
With these breathing techniques - pranayam, you will get over the breathing difficulty.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.