Respiratory Disorders Community
Shortness of breath/palpitations around period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shortness of breath/palpitations around period

Hi, I am 46 years of age with two children and I have been suffering for a number of years now with palpitations and shortness of breath about a week to 10 days before my period is due then once it happens, I go back to normal again - until a couple of weeks later!  I have seens that many Drs and been to hospital for all kinds of tests and they can never give me an answer - only put it down to anxiety! This gets me so down and sometime I get very distressed as I feel like something serious is going on.  I feel like I am on my own in this and not able to get any help.  Does anybody else suffer these symptoms.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Cyclical hormonal changes causing menstruation cannot cause shortness breath or palpitations. Inadequate oxygenation can produce symptoms of breathlessness, as the body tries in an effort to compensate for the decreased oxygen supply. The breathlessness could be due to cardiac or lung disorders. And to clear doubts you can have an EKG or a treadmill test to rule out a cardiac cause for your symptoms. Lung function tests could further help in evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank