Respiratory Disorders Community
Sinus/ nerve ending pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Sinus/ nerve ending pain

Hi, i started with tmg in my jaw in 1996 it got worse over the years first of all i got a splint then had to have an operation to remove some some bone to allow the jaw to open and close, i was given ssri drugs and later found out that these drugs made muscles in my jaw go into spasm, i started with sinus problems shortly after taking these but didnt put the two together at the time i went to see an ent consultant who did an operation to open up sinuses as they were very swollen before the operation i got the sinus pain around every 5 weeks but now its much worse and constant at the time of my period it heightens and i get tightening and green mucus and piercing pain, since the operation i have become very run down upperbody muscle pain and diagnosed with ME . I went to see a ent professer in nottingham who said it was nerve ending pain and advised some medications alot of which a cant tolerate because of my jaw pain. The only one i can get away with is sodium valporate but cant get above 200mg 3 times a day without it affecting my jaw muscles, it helped for a short time but the pain is back again and i really feel very depressed about it i wish so much i hadnt had the surgery as its so much worse since, i use a nasal rinse as my nose gets very dry and tight please can you help.Thanks  

This discussion is related to nerve endings in cheek.