Sinus/Lung Problems for over a year, getting worse, help!
For the last year I've had a pressure under my ribcage causing trouble breathing for me that's been progressively getting worse. The pressure and trouble breathing gets worse when I'm tired or on my feet for a long period of time. Due to it's proximity to my stomach I thought I had stomach problems. Had every test and scope done, nothing. A few weeks ago it started feeling like something was pressing on my spine. I was constantly cracking my upper/mid back. About a week ago I started waking up with excruciating upper/mid back pain that extends from my neck to lower ribs. I still have the pressure in my lungs and back which is still getting worse, trouble swallowing, and occasional chest pain. This entire time I've had sinus problems as well. They feel swollen and I have a hard time breathing out of my nose, it feels like there is something in there blocking it. I also wake up with green balls in my mucous in throat and snot, very gross. I've tried Advil for the pain but it isn't really helping. No meds I've tried so far have helped. I'm constantly in pain and have trouble breathing, it's starting to impact my life in a big way because I'm constantly exhausted from it. I'm wondering what kind of specialist I should see or if anyone has any idea what it could possibly be? I am currently on xanax for anxiety and was diagnosed with Mono a few months ago.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The type of pain described by you is more consistent with a mechanical back pain, where in with movements like changes in posture, coughing and sneezing the pain is aggravated. Cough and sneezing cause the muscles to contract as a protective mechanism around the injured part and hence the pain. This is more common with small fractures or a herniated disc. So, I would advise you to consult your primary care doctor to rule out these disorders. A plain x ray may show up a fracture. But sometimes additional tests like CT, MRI, Myelogram and Bone Scan can provide additional information. And the best way to get to the bottom of your sinus issues is to see an ENT.  A good examination inside the nose with a camera might give the ENT more information as well as a CT scan of the sinuses.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.