Respiratory Disorders Community
Sinus infection or tooth abcess(abscess)?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sinus infection or tooth abcess(abscess)?

I am having terrible pain & pressure along my top right upper jaw, carrying along up the side of the nose and under the eye.  It also continues over to the right ear.  As I have been sick & run down for roughly 2 months, I just finished a 6 day stint of Erithromyocin (I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and allergic to penicillins) and now 2 days later the pain has started.  

How do I know if this is a sinus infection - which I am prone to getting - or possibly a tooth abcess (abscess) (the pain is mostly centered over one of the molars)?  It does not hurt any more when I bite down.  What does increase the pain is if I lay down on my left side any amount of time, whether it be to rest or sleep.  Help???
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
could be TMJ, that sounds like what I am having right now
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
You really need to see a professional. Jaw infections always run the risk of migrating to the bloodstream, and then they sometimes settle on the heart valve, resulting in endocarditis. This cascades into a situation where the debri can cause strokes and the valve has to be replaced and you end up on a lifetime of blood thinners and other medications. These infections oftenh have to have surgical intervention, but whatever the cost should be dealt with promptly. Be very careful with the antibiotics!  That being said, you may need them. Inform the physician in writing of your pregnancy. Please see a dental surgeon as soon as possible. You may have to have teeth pulled as the easiest solution. Probably not.  But that infection should be addressed. By a professional.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...