Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Sinus trouble and noise in my ears!

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Sinus trouble and noise in my ears!

I
It is likely that the rushing and metallic sounds are a result of the chronic sinusitis.  The throbbing could also be due to sinusitis.  However both throbbing and the strange sounds in your ears can happen with migraine headaches.  The fact that the sounds are in both ears is re-assuring because it means that it is not an acoustic or other tumor.  This is also discouraging because it makes your condition more of a nuisance.

You should be seen by an ENT doctor at an academic medical center who specializes in hearing and sound problems.  You may need an MRI to more completely evaluate your inner ears and all the structures near your inner ears.  You should not simply accept the suggestion that the sinusitis, seen on CT, is the cause of your condition.
1 Comment
A related discussion, noise in my ears was started.