Respiratory Disorders Community
Smoke Smells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Smoke Smells

I sometimes have the sensation of smoke smells when no one is smoking. What could be causing this. I do take allergy shots due to hives.

This discussion is related to I smell things no one else does.
I have a similar experience.  At first I thought maybe it's just in my nose, since I'm the only one in the family of four that smells the "smoke" but I am convinced it is local to our home, as I smell it nowhere else.  AND, I believe there is a correlation between the "smoke" smell and running CPU intensive applications (demanding games) on the computer.  The smell can linger for several days, and it's strong enough to make my eyes water and burn my nose, but no one else smells it.