Smoking/Bronchitis/Asthma
My aunt has been smoking for 40 years, she is finally trying to quit.  She has developed chronic bronchitis, asthma and the beginnings of emphysema.  Her doctor has her on Advair, Accolate, Spiriva and Albuterol.  She has had a chronic cough for 2 months.  She is hoarse, has flu-like symptoms and her vocal chords are irritated.  She has been given several anti-biotics and nothing has worked to clear up her chest congestion and mainly the hoarse and irritated vocal chords.  Do you think one of the meds. can be causing this?  Is she on too many meds?
Sometimes medicines can cause hoarseness, especially Advair due to the steroid in it. If she hasn't seen her doctor in the last two months since she began with these symptoms, then it would be wise for her go to him so that she can be examined thoroughly. She is on pretty powerful meds..but it sounds like she has alot of lung issues. Her congestion could easily be attributed to her chronic bronchitis, maybe she needs something that will actually break up the mucous such as Mucinex for example..Like I said, she should consult her doc if she hasn't already with these symptoms. Sunny