Respiratory Disorders Community
Sore Throat & sharp upper left back pain? help?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

So i have had a cough for the past couple of dayz and i thought it was getting better, i stayed home from work one day and it was horrible i was clammy, dizzy, headaches, sore throat and exhausted!  I woke up the next day and i seemed to be okay, just a cough still and i lost my voice a bit.  Well later today i went to bed early and i just woke up to feed my son when i could barely breathe, my throat is unbelievably sore, and i have this extreme sharp pain in my upper-middle left side of my back!  It hurts the most when i breathe so i assumed it was my left lung, but it also doesn't stop, rather is a constant pain and just gets worse with i take a breathe.  I had bronchitis in my left lung probably about 3 weeks - 1 month ago and was prescribed gen-clarithromycin,  i took it for about 4 days and than i misplaced the bottle and so just stopped taking them.  I thought it had gone away but now im wondering if it just got extremely worse.  I found the bottle this evening looked it up and found that it is for treating my exact symptoms so i ate something and took one in hopes that i could stop feeling like this in a couple of dayz.  If you have any advice i would sure love to hear it.  Thanks