Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Sore throat, dryness, spitting saliva..
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Sore throat, dryness, spitting saliva..
About two weeks ago I had this very bad feeling in my throat it was totally dry and tight like swollen. It made me keep gagging and feel nauseated or vomit for the next week. I could barely eat or swallow. I was in the hospital for 2 days or so after but they couldnt find anything wrong, just a fever. They did a throat scope, blood test and x-ray but they found nothing serious. In the last week or so it got a little better, but every once in a while it still gets extremly dry, I can still feel particles of stuff in my throat and I keep on having to spit out saliva which builds up in my mouth. Any idea of what could be wrong?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
251132_tn?1198082422
Without having the benefit of a physical examination and lab studies, one possibility is an acute sinus infection or inflammation.  This can cause a lot of the throat symptoms you have described.  The best way to make this diagnosis is with a CT scan of the sinuses.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
I just got a call from my doctor and they found that I have some stomach germ. I made an appointment to discuss it. I was just wondering would the stomach germ be the cause of the problems in my throat? Could it really be a germ in the throat that goes in the stomach? I ask because they ask me if my stomach has been giving me problems still, but really its my throat that feels blocked, dry, hairy sometimes..
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, i need help pronto was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker