Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Sore throat, dryness, spitting saliva..

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Sore throat, dryness, spitting saliva..
About two weeks ago I had this very bad feeling in my throat it was totally dry and tight like swollen. It made me keep gagging and feel nauseated or vomit for the next week. I could barely eat or swallow. I was in the hospital for 2 days or so after but they couldnt find anything wrong, just a fever. They did a throat scope, blood test and x-ray but they found nothing serious. In the last week or so it got a little better, but every once in a while it still gets extremly dry, I can still feel particles of stuff in my throat and I keep on having to spit out saliva which builds up in my mouth. Any idea of what could be wrong?
Without having the benefit of a physical examination and lab studies, one possibility is an acute sinus infection or inflammation.  This can cause a lot of the throat symptoms you have described.  The best way to make this diagnosis is with a CT scan of the sinuses.
I just got a call from my doctor and they found that I have some stomach germ. I made an appointment to discuss it. I was just wondering would the stomach germ be the cause of the problems in my throat? Could it really be a germ in the throat that goes in the stomach? I ask because they ask me if my stomach has been giving me problems still, but really its my throat that feels blocked, dry, hairy sometimes..
A related discussion, i need help pronto was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker