Respiratory Disorders Community
Sore throat, heavy cough, nasal drip, headaches, tired, always feeling ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Sore throat, heavy cough, nasal drip, headaches, tired, always feeling sick..

I'm 22 years old, 6'1", 200lbs. Alright.. So I'll tell you a little bit about how I feel. I wake up from 6-9 hours of sleep and don't want to get out of bed. I take a prilosec OTC because the ENT specialist I went to told me I have acid reflux. I also take a lexapro 10mg because my family doctor feels I might be depressed. The only thing that makes me depressed is my constant post nasal drip, sore throat, always feeling like I'm breathing dry air, and cough. I go to the doctor, he gives me an antibiotic, and I get better for 2-3 weeks. It comes back again, and I do the same routine. This has been going on for 4-5 years, maybe more. The ENT stuck the camera up my nose and down my throat and came up with acid reflux which turned out to be inaccurate, because it was only a temporary fix. I end up taking about 8 Advil a day, which I know is terrible for me, but it's the only thing that can temporarily relieve how I feel. Now here is the perfect thing for the doctors to use as an excuse.. I smoke. I have since I was 15. I quit for a year, same problems while I wasn't smoking. I quit again for 5 months, still the same exact problems. When I first quit they say "give it a month" "give it another month or 2". At a year I was so stressed out, I started again. I really need some advice, I feel like I've tried everything. Maybe I should have my tonsils removed? Thanks for reading all of this. All input will be greatly appreciated.. PLEASE do not use smoking as the answer.. I know it's not healthy and can definitely make it worse, but even my doctor agreed it's something else causing it. Thanks!
Oh I'm sorry. I also forgot to say I have to take a puff of Advair before bed or I wake up hysterically coughing.