Sore throat, heavy cough, nasal drip, headaches, tired, always feeling sick..
I'm 22 years old, 6'1", 200lbs. Alright.. So I'll tell you a little bit about how I feel. I wake up from 6-9 hours of sleep and don't want to get out of bed. I take a prilosec OTC because the ENT specialist I went to told me I have acid reflux. I also take a lexapro 10mg because my family doctor feels I might be depressed. The only thing that makes me depressed is my constant post nasal drip, sore throat, always feeling like I'm breathing dry air, and cough. I go to the doctor, he gives me an antibiotic, and I get better for 2-3 weeks. It comes back again, and I do the same routine. This has been going on for 4-5 years, maybe more. The ENT stuck the camera up my nose and down my throat and came up with acid reflux which turned out to be inaccurate, because it was only a temporary fix. I end up taking about 8 Advil a day, which I know is terrible for me, but it's the only thing that can temporarily relieve how I feel. Now here is the perfect thing for the doctors to use as an excuse.. I smoke. I have since I was 15. I quit for a year, same problems while I wasn't smoking. I quit again for 5 months, still the same exact problems. When I first quit they say "give it a month" "give it another month or 2". At a year I was so stressed out, I started again. I really need some advice, I feel like I've tried everything. Maybe I should have my tonsils removed? Thanks for reading all of this. All input will be greatly appreciated.. PLEASE do not use smoking as the answer.. I know it's not healthy and can definitely make it worse, but even my doctor agreed it's something else causing it. Thanks!
Oh I'm sorry. I also forgot to say I have to take a puff of Advair before bed or I wake up hysterically coughing.