Respiratory Disorders Community
Spot found on my Mom's right lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Dear Friend,
Has your mom seen a pulmonologist (lung specialist)?  Has she had a pulmonary function test (PFT)?  Has she had any x-rays and/or chest CT scans?  Dry cleaning fumes can bother people, particularly years of exposure to them.  [In our house, we don't buy anything which requires dry-cleaning because the fumes from materials dry cleaned bother my husband even after the clothing has been airing out for hours!]  Has she seen any occupational medicine specialists and told them about the dry cleaning fumes?
Best of luck!
Aloha,
Starion--thriving in HI
is your mom a smoker?it could be chronic bronchitis.or emphysema.well keep me posted to know what you find out!
I just joined this forum and read your post.  I have asbestosis and your mom's symptoms are mine exactly.  I am currently on the beeper waiting for a lung transplant.  While I understand your mom wouldn't have asbestosis she could have fibrosis(scarring of the lungs) caused by the chemicals next door.  That was my diagnosis ...Pulmonary fibrosis secondary to asbestosis.  Best wishes to your mom.

Spot found on my Mom's right lung

My Mom gets sick with pneumonia or bronchitis it seems every couple of years, and this year she got sick around New Years. She went in for a chest x-ray and was told to get another one done before April. This past Friday she found out from the doctor that there is a spot the size of a pin hole that was not there in January. The doctor said that her lungs look a lot better than in January, and that this spot is something to be watched and concerned about, but not to worry. Her next x-ray or some type of scan is scheduled for sometime in June. She is 66 years old.
My Mom had breast cancer 2 years ago and lung cancer does run in the family. Her brother died from it in 1981. She has not smoked a day in her life, but my Dad has smoked since he was in college.
I am worried sick and am just as scared. She seems to be the one who is trying not to be worried and thinks that surgery will not be necessary.
This was supposed to be the summer that we would celebrate my good luck this year! We have 2 weeks scheduled at the beach and a concert to see Keith Urban! I don't want anything to ruin it!
Can anyone offer me any helpful advice on what we can do? She likes her doctor and has the utmost confidence in him. I wish I did.