Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Spot on Chest X-ray, pain where the spot is

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

My husband is 39 and is not a smoker. This past Sunday he told me it has felt like there is a brick on his chest for 1 1/2 weeks. I sent to the Primary Care by our house, because it was Sunday. They did a Chest X-ray and it revelaed a spot. The Dr at the Primary Care Center thought it may be scar tissue, but wasn't sure. So they had to send it to the hospital to be read by the radiloigist. They also did an ekg, which was normal but showed signs of hypetension. His blood pressure has been going up and done for over 6 months. He does have a family history of hypertension. Anyway, his doctor put him on Avapro for the hypertension and gave him an order to have a Ct scan done. Which he is getting done Tommorrow. I wasn't there when he went. But he doctor said the spot is small. It is on the left lung, close to the heart. I am very concerned. He does have pain where the spot is located. The pain starts from the middle of the chest and goes left. He does not have any trouble breathing. He states the pain is just there and uncomfortable. He was told to take aleve for the pain. But it realy doesn't do much. There has been no change in the pain, it's the same.
Could this be a nodule. Are nodules painful?  Do you have any ideas what may be causing the pain. Thank you!

A nodule is a small, round spot seen on chest x-ray anywhere in the lungs.  So what has been found on your husband