Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Spots on lungs!! Emphesyma ???? HELP

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Spots on lungs!! Emphesyma ???? HELP

I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH EMPHESYMA AND BEEN TOLD THAT THERE ARE SPOTS ON MY LUNGS.  I AM WONDERING IF THESE TWO THINGS ARE RELATED?  CAN ANYBODY TELL ME THE LIFE EXPECTENCY OF SOMEBODY WITH EMPHESYMA?  COULD THE SPOTS ON MY LUNGS BE CANCER???  I STILL SMOKE BUT AM TRYING TO QUIT.  I KNOW ITS BAD, IT'S JUST VERY HARD.  DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT TREATMENT IF ANY THAT THEY CAN DO FOR EMPHESYMA?  I AM VERY SCARED AND WOULD LIKE ANY INFORMATIOM ON THESE SUBJECTS. HELP PLEASE!  THANKS FOR ANY HELP I CAN GET ON THIS SUBJECT,
When "spots" are seen on the chest X-ray, other tests are usually needed to tell whether or not they are cancer.  They are probably not related to the emphysema.
There is treatment for emphysema that can help you to have less shortness of breath while you continue to be active.  For more information on emphysema and its treatment, please call Lung Line
Dear Tigre & Friends,
It all starts with YOU!  The BEST thing you can do for yourself is to quit smoking this second & stop exposing yourself & your lungs to this irritant.  You have more power in this regard than anything medical science has to offer.  I know it's hard, as many people have stated, but YOU hold the key.  There are many who live long and full lives with emphysema.  You can get more info about it at the National Jewish website, particularly their MedFacts & LungFacts at www.NationalJewish.org.  You can also call your local branch of the American Lung Association & ask them to send you material about emphysema.
Please ask your doctor & everyone who cares about you to help you quit smoking.  Many people have written that using lollipops--reaching for them instead of a cigarette--has helped.  Others have used cinnamon bark or licorice whips--whatever it takes.
You have to follow up with your docs to keep yourself in the best possible health!
Best of luck--take care!
Aloha,
Starion--thriving in HI
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO, I WILL CHECK IT OUT.  CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT TYPE OF TESTS THAT THEY WOULD DO FOR SPOTS ON THE LUNGS?
JUst found this site and I too have just been told i have 3 lesions on my left lung. I would like some help too. dont know if it is lung infection or pneumonia or maybe cancer. help
My 17 yr. old niece has "spots" on her lungs. She's had a biopsy and the spots on the lungs are dormant.  This is supposedly some type of "rare" cancer in children. Recently, spots were detected on her liver and kidneys.  This doesn't sound "dormant" to me!
Does anybody know anything about this?  
Because her lungs are not functioning properly, niether are her liver and kidneys.  She has had jaundice and severe back aches.  There is also some kind of mass in her stomach and shoulder.  The mass in her stomach was a back up caused by the liver not functioning properly.  It was drained but now what??? Will it return??? A biopsy was taken today on her shoulder but we have not received the results yet. What in the world is causing this problem??? Could this be viral?
I am a believer in detoxification methods. I wonder how successful a "inner body cleansing" be?  
Suggestions... Comments...
A related discussion, COPD/EMPHESYMA was started.
A related discussion, Any new treatments for emphesyma was started.