Stage II lung cancer life expectancy?
What is the life expectancy of a 71-year old woman with stage II non-small cell lung cancer? With and without treatment?

This discussion is related to Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Average Length of Life Expectancy and Growth Speed.
I have currently been diagnosed with stage 11 emphyzemia.  I am looking for informed and correct informatoin about life expectantly, how to incresae life expectancy by making modreate and reasonable life style changes.  Please advised as soon as possible.  I am gathering research to inform mysefl of as fully as possible.  I look forward to any information that may help me put this in perspective.
my husband is 57 weighs approx 550 lbs and has stage 2 lung cancer...how long is the life expectancy...I just want to know so I can help him through this difficult time. We have been married 40 years so I am not ready to give up on him yet.
My dear friend, age 63, was diagnosed with Stage 2 Non-small cell lung cancer.  The statistics that she was told was that the survival for HER was 70% for a 5+ year survival and 80-85% if she did chemo.  She has chosen to do chemo.  Obviously, these stats are based on her surgeons ability to "get it all" and each person is different.  They had a conference with everybody involved including the radiologist, the surgeon, the oncologist group, etc.  She wanted the stats to make a good decision as to whether it was worth having chemo.  You need to have this information from your doctors so you can make an informed decision.  
My mom is 62.  She has been diagnosed with stage 4 NSCLC that has spread to 4 spots in her skin cells.  We found it because she had a large knot develop on her lower back.  When they cut it out it turned out to be a 2 in diamater lump of cancer cells.
After a CAT scan and PET scan they found it in both lungs and 3 other spots of skin cells.
They have started chemo.  She has had 5 treatments so far.  At this time she is starting to feel bad from the treatments but she is still working.
Can anyone tell me an expected life expectancy for her?  Or even tell me what is the likely hood that she will get to the point of not being able to work any time soon?  I worry about her losing her health insurance.