Respiratory Disorders Community
Staph infection of the lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Staph infection of the lung

A month ago, I was bit by a student causing bleeding and lots of redness and swelling and infection.  The child also had a temp. of over 100 the day I was bit.   I had already had a cough at that point.  They started me on Augmentin for the bite.  My cough became worse and became more tired.  After 10 days of Augmentin, they switched me to 7 days of Avelox and said they felt I had bronchitis.    After Avelox, my symptoms had still become worse and developed rib pain, coughing mucus, headache, tired, severe coughing, etc.  At that point they started me on 7 days of Bactrim and a Methylprednisone dose pac saying they were treating it as staph infection of the lung since I had infection from the bite three weeks prior and symptoms hadn't improved. Last Friday, I went back into the doctor with same symptoms, they now have me on Levaquin and ANOTHER Methylprednisone dose pac saying they still think it's the staph infection of the lung!  Do you think they are on the right track?!?!