Respiratory Disorders Community
Sudden appearance of quarter size lung nodule
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden appearance of quarter size lung nodule

6 months ago my dad was diagnosed with squamous cell lung cancer.  It was a very small nodule that was found on a CT scan.  He had surgery (wedge resection) in which the removed a good portion of his left upper lobe of the lung.  They staged it at 1A, and said he was very lucky that they caught it that early.  A few weeks ago he went in for a routine CT scan and they just called and told him that he has a nodule the size of a quarter in his right lung.  He is a nervous wreck.  This nodule obviously was not there before when they did the surgery in September.  
He did have an episode of pneumonia back in December that was cleared up with antibiotics.
What are the odds that this large nodule is more cancer?
612551_tn?1247839157
No matter what the odds are, he has to have it tested, biopsy.  

The size of a "quarter" that's over 20 mm I estimate, much larger than any  I have read about (I am no expert, my interest in the subject is because my wife had a CT and lung nodules were discovered = see thread near the top of this community's first page).

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...