Respiratory Disorders Community
Sudden change in smell and taste

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Sudden change in smell and taste

Suddenly my smell and taste has changed and all food smells bad and does not taste good. Ever where we go my smell is super sensitive and most smells are bad. I have told the Doctor and they dismiss me I think he thinks I'm crazy and I'm beginning to think he is right. Am I crazy or have I developed a medical problem.
You could have an anaerobic sinus infection, which would do that, and some people have luck with antibiotics.  I'd go see an ENT, because you are not crazy.  I had a similar problem, cured it.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322/The-Sinus-Flush

If you go to section 17, you will see other causes of phantom odor that have appeared on this forum.